Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat squeak - tucking in a blanket stops the squeak

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2020 Model 3. In the past couple of years the car has developed a squeak in the rear seat. I have discovered that if I put a blanket or towel between the seat cushion and the back cushion of the rear seat the squeak goes away. I think the issue is the seat material rubbing between the two cushions to cause the squeak.

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem, and if they have found a better solution that keeping a blanket tucked in between the 2 cushions.

• Informative
Reactions: slzeal
I have a rattle that can be resolved in the same way, mine is the rear left passenger side door trim squeaking. If someone sits in the back of the car and puts their hands on the black plastic directly underneath the door that goes over the carpet, then the rattle stops.

I've been to the service centre 4 times and have it booked in for a 5th on Monday next week, they never fix it. I enjoy driving the M3 performance courtesy cars with free charging though I guess 😅

I have a rattle that can be resolved in the same way, mine is the rear left passenger side door trim squeaking. If someone sits in the back of the car and puts their hands on the black plastic directly underneath the door that goes over the carpet, then the rattle stops.

I've been to the service centre 4 times and have it booked in for a 5th on Monday next week, they never fix it. I enjoy driving the M3 performance courtesy cars with free charging though I guess 😅
Sadly, here in Australia the service is nowhere near as good. I do get an Uber voucher to that gets me half way home though :). Would be so nice to be provided a courtesy car.