Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seat will not fold - 6 month wait for repair??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to Tesla Service because my charge cord was faulty... however.. my right rear seat will not fold down. I brought that to the attention of Service and they said it could take 6 months to address... So I don't have full use of the trunk for 6 months. That seems crazy to me. Anyone one have this experience? I still am waiting for the items that I flagged as damaged at pick up

.... 6 months?

Our's had the problem with one of the rear seats being stuck in the down position. Reported it to the service center on August 4th and a replacement set of seats had arrived and was installed within 2 weeks. 6 weeks seems way to long....6 months is nuts.

Appreciate the replies. I have to say this forum is much more helpful than Tesla Model X forum. Crickets on a deeper description of the problem on that forum. I am going to follow up with my Service center as well. 6 months is really crazy.

One of my rear seats is stuck in the down position. They told me 6-8 weeks to manufacture a new seat. Took them 20 seconds to "diagnose". Would have been better if they just decided to replace the seat over the phone instead of making me come down to the SC.

• Informative
Reactions: alcibiades
This may sound crazy but.... I was told that my Seats are in and they want me to bring my car in tomorrow @ 2....? Went from 6 months to 1 week. I did "escalate" yesterday around noon, but there is no way that could have done it.... right?

Because of the confusion, a Model X loaner will be made available. I can't tell if this great service or just bad info from initial rep. 1 week would exceed my expectations.

Reactions: Freedom101
Many including myself have had the opposite problem--seat won't fold up. Another Model X Problem!!! 3rd row seat stuck in down position.

The "repair" was to just replace the entire seat... mine took 6 weeks. I'm scared to fold the third row now especially if we know we have guests coming soon and will need the third row.

Had that same problem (and read that thread). Wife folded down the seat from the trunk when loading things in and didn't realize something was on it.

We ended up fighting to get the pool dart that was stuck on the seat out, then pressed down to fully latch. Seat works again and everyone knows better than to fold it down without double-checking the seat.

Was just about the get our Model x back from the SC for some other issues, and get a note from the service dept that the passenger side rear seat is stuck down and they'll have to order a new one. They say it will take 1-2 weeks to get the replacement. So we'll have to bring back once again (4th time since we took "delivery" June end)... Well at least they gave us a MX P100D as the most recent loaner. As fun as doing ludicrous mode launches are, it would be nice to finally get our 75D back without anymore problems... Fingers crossed...

They almost sent me home with a Cadillac!!!!!!!?!!!

Rep came out and said wait we had an X waiting for you just because you were patient.... Not a P100d... Now my rear view mirrors will not fold. 2 weeks after i called I had to call back, and was informed that the "Christmas show" caused the rear view mirror to malfunction and it can be fixed with an over the air software update. Very glad because car is wrapped and replacing the mirror would be annoying. Wait for that now.