Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear seats Model X Entertainment systems

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My last 3 SUVs had rear entertainment systems for my Kids. I was a little disappointed when placing my X order that there weren't any options available. So, I decided to custom retrofit my X with products I've used in my home automation company. I installed two new 9.7 iPads with special cases that dock magnetically onto an inductive charging dock. Take a look!

Attachments

• IMG_1909.jpg
    IMG_1909.jpg
    350.8 KB · Views: 2,524
  • IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    351.9 KB · Views: 3,092
  • IMG_1911.jpg
    IMG_1911.jpg
    381 KB · Views: 2,477
  • IMG_1912.jpg
    IMG_1912.jpg
    388.3 KB · Views: 2,234
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 2,226
Nice setup....wish my kids were younger to replicate....
btw: have multiple rows of your screen name seats in my theater plus 3 in my office upstairs....they’re fantastic.
Your seats are made by CinemaTech in Texas. My company is Cinematechs in Florida. We both opened the same year without knowing the other existed. They manufacture seats, we automate homes, yachts and commercial businesses. We do carry their line and believe in the quality of their products. Enjoy!

Reactions: Corbets
I'm not surprised that Tesla isn't offering a built in option being that kids want to hold and use their own device. We had screens on our old SUV and it was virtually never used. Kids always preferred their own devices with their apps, games, and shows. Our last vehicle purchase we refused the option despite having 3 young kids.

I guess an exception would be if you didn't have those devices with you but we only allowed screen time on road trips. Not around town.

I'm not surprised that Tesla isn't offering a built in option being that kids want to hold and use their own device. We had screens on our old SUV and it was virtually never used. Kids always preferred their own devices with their apps, games, and shows. Our last vehicle purchase we refused the option despite having 3 young kids.

I guess an exception would be if you didn't have those devices with you but we only allowed screen time on road trips. Not around town.
since these are docked iPads, the kids can dock them or pull them off at will. The best part is that it charges the iPads while docked. It's the only way I can get them to charge anything!

Reactions: Dr Doom
My last 3 SUVs had rear entertainment systems for my Kids. I was a little disappointed when placing my X order that there weren't any options available. So, I decided to custom retrofit my X with products I've used in my home automation company. I installed two new 9.7 iPads with special cases that dock magnetically onto an inductive charging dock. Take a look!
Where, specifically did you pull power from?