Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear shelf rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The metal portion at the back of of the rear shelf has begun to rattle at low speed over less than perfect roads on my 6 week old Model 3. If I tap it with my hand you can hear the rattle, so I think I could put something underneath it to stop the rattle but I can't find a way to remove it. Suggestions?

I actually had made a service appointment for this same issue. The service center said they had to adjust a bushing by the back seat or some sort and added some insulation. The moment I mentioned the rattle he knew exactly what to do. Haven't heard it since, recommend you make an appointment!

I actually had made a service appointment for this same issue. The service center said they had to adjust a bushing by the back seat or some sort and added some insulation. The moment I mentioned the rattle he knew exactly what to do. Haven't heard it since, recommend you make an appointment!

Thanks very much for the quick reply! Did the service center charge you to fix it?

Hmmm. I have been hearing some sort of rattle at low speeds upon accelerating coming from the rear recently

Might have to check the rear shelf on mine to see if it's also the culprit

Iirc you can access the underside of that panel from the trunk. Should be able to add some insulation from that angle.
I’m a huge fan of adhesive backed felt for rattle mitigation.

if the shelf isn’t your issue tap the large c pillar covers. That’s where my rattle was. I posted a thread about it. Super simple 3 min fix.