Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear speakers and sub not working after body work

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had a bit of bodywork done to fix a dent on the rear right quarter panel. I picked the car up late on Friday. The rear speakers and sub aren’t working now; the drone speakers are working. The audio system balance is in the middle. If I set it all the way back, there’s no sound. Audio is a big thing for me so this is killing me lol.

I took a quick peek at the amplifier to see if they’d maybe just forgotten to connect a wire but didn’t see anything obvious hanging loose. Anyone have any ideas on something else easy to check? I’d like to get it up and running ASAP.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Update:
I was going to go pull apart the rear of the car to see if there was a wire disconnected. Went into the garage and the car is kinda bricked for now. It was pretty in responsive. I was able to open the door and disconnect the charging cable. Windows didn’t work properly, screen was dead, footwell lights were flickering.

I walked back inside and contacted roadside assistance. When I went out to the garage I noticed the sulphur smell. Looking that yo it seems to indicate a possible problem with the 12v battery. All the symptoms seem to fit that idea.

Anyway, RSA is on the way now so we’ll see how it goes.

More to follow.

Got my 3 back from the service center. They replaced the battery and the car is up and running again but the rear speakers still aren’t working. Actually it’s the rear speakers, subwoofer, door woofers, and Bluetooth microphone. The speakers at the top of the doors and the speakers at the top of the A-pillar work fine.

I’ll be contacting the body shop today to see if they can shed some light on why the speakers stopped working after I dropped it with them.

• Informative
Reactions: anthonyj
Status
Not open for further replies.