Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear speakers popping.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - I’m hopping that one of you have had this issue and have a DIY answer as it’ll be great to have a fix before going to France on Friday.

I’ve seen a number of posts on this on various forums (including US version of this) but no conclusive answer - symptoms are sound coming from rear door speakers which sounds like Chinese water torture dripping. If I put the balance to the back of the car it effectively cuts out the music all together - if I put it all the way forward the problem goes away (it’s the fall back option but sound quality isn’t good).

I’ve already tried the re-boot suggestion several times - which appears to have worked for some people. Others just said it went away or blamed the heat or cold.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

I’ll answer my own question in case somebody has the same issue.

The problem was still there this morning and another re-boot didn’t help.

After I came back from my drive I got the option to upgrade to 2020.28.6 and once it had finished I’ve checked and cannot re-create the problem.

I’ll keep my service center appointment for late August for a few more days, just in case it returns. I’ll update On here if it comes back and a different fix becomes necessary. Tbh- I didn’t think an upgrade should have made a difference as the problem was really obvious and so many people are on the older software.