TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear spoiler removal

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by suxxer, Jan 9, 2011.

1. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

#1 suxxer, Jan 9, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
    We want to try and foil the rear spoiler to give some more accents to the roadster.

Can anyone post how - if possible at all - to remove the rear spoiler. Is it just screwed on from left/right of the trunk?

Thanks...

Must be a way somehow...

2010_tesla_roadster_sport_6_cd_gallery.jpg

2010_tesla_roadster_sport_14_cd_gallery.jpg

2. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

hmmm...nobody?

3. SByer

SByer '08 #383

Well, I did look, it does look like just four bolts from in the trunk. But I'd have to really look close in daylight to make sure the parts weren't painted together before I'd try anything.

4. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

Ok, thanks for the infos so far. Have to get a closer look when I get mine ...

5. DRM

DRM Roadster #619

So I took a look at this today. The spoiler is attached to the body via four bolts which can be accessed from the trunk lid when opened. There are also four rubber spacers between the spoiler and the rest of the carbody/trunk; I expect the spoiler can be easily removed without damaging the paint. Good luck.
    //dan.

6. suxxer

suxxer ElektroVolt

Thanks DRM. That sounds very promising. Now I just need the roadster (...waiting..........) and some 3M DI-NOC carbon foil... ;)