Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Spoiler

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was just thinking about the "problem" of water and now snow coming off the rear window and boot lid when you open the bootlid and dripping into the boot.

The current model 3 rear spoiler mounts on the boot lid rear lip, which got me wondering if a spoiler mounted at the top edge of the boot lid or to the bottom of the glass would solve this problem.

I wondered how this would look, which reminded me of one of my favourite cars I ever owned, way back in the day, a Saab 900 Turbo. This had a whale tail spoiler, which would look ridiculous nowadays, but a much smaller incarnation might work, maybe even something a similar size to the existing Model 3 boot spoiler.

Anyone who is decent at Photoshop that could knock this up to see how good or ridiculous this would look?

Not sure how effective these are for snow. Should help somewhat with water though:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/topfit-Window-Spoiler-Retaining-Carbon/dp/B07ZVGHB17/

61zYxTMkdXL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

that was initially produced before the little gully that is now in place was added. So it was needed, as there was nothing else to stop the water. Now there's a mix of people that seem to have a problem and those that don't. I for example have no issue with water pouring into the boot. Nothing is going to stop a whole window of melting snow slide into the boot other than sweeping it off before opening the boot.

Reactions: Empato