Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear spoiler ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I think i have an active spoiler as it goes down when car is locked and when unlocked it goes up...also there is some spoiler setting in the software for it...which i didnt mess with.

So question: How can I open the trunk in my garage without the spoiler being up? Does car have to be locked and off and then key fob press?

Also new firmware there is no custom setting for trunk and falcon doors right by location its just full open for all the doors by location?

Today my spoiler is behaving nominally. My spoiler troubles started between firmware upgrades and was not fixed by two back to back updates. Yesterday drove a few hours in the rain. FWDs acted up with phantom obstructions for the first time since the sensors were fixed. Tested a J1772 charger along the way and spent the night on a Destination charger. Those were the only variances from usual (plenty of hatch and FWD opening before and during trip) so the spoiler behavior still seems random to me. Not cancelling the scheduled service visit, who knows if it will still be working then, or even this afternoon.

Had my spoiler reset/recalibrated (no problems detected) and firmware updated to .102 at the service center. Now the spoiler is closed at low speed, and deploys into an intermediate tilt at highway speeds (halfway in angulation between the previous flat and high speed positions). That would be fine and Porsche-like except for the fact that it's illegal since it hides the 3rd brake light.

Had my spoiler reset/recalibrated (no problems detected) and firmware updated to .102 at the service center. Now the spoiler is closed at low speed, and deploys into an intermediate tilt at highway speeds (halfway in angulation between the previous flat and high speed positions). That would be fine and Porsche-like except for the fact that it's illegal since it hides the 3rd brake light.
Should be up (flat) at low speeds, then AERO (half down) above 40mph. Never totally down while driving.

No spoiler at all now for the commute home. No third brake light. So frustrating.

Update: half way home it rose and resumed close/open at 45. Nothing I do seems to have any impact.

Last edited: