Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Springs & Dampers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2.5 (non-Sport) is in for service. The SC say that the rear shocks (spring & damper assembly) need replacing due to corrosion...but the price is crazy at £2,200 GBP for the pair!

1. How much should they be?
2. Are they standard Elise parts or customised for the heavier weight of the Roadster?
3. What (better) alternatives are recommended, and are they easy to fit?

Thanks!

Thanks.

So looking at other threads it would appear that these are the recommended alternatives:

Nitron SportClub NTCL20 + cales

Spring rate fitted front : 450 lbs Helper 250 lbs

Spring rate fitted rear: 600 lbs Helper 300 lbs

Lotus Elise S2/S (Toyota) (05- ) NTR Club Sport 40mm Suspension Kit

Are these ok for my non-Sport Roadster?

Can I replace just the rears for now and keep the stock fronts, or is it a case that you might as well do the lot?

Recommended settings for non-Sport for general road use only?

Thanks!

Or intrax.
You could swap the rears only and wait for a sunny day to do the fronts. If you are doing them yourself the rears take no time along with the front left, the front right may take a few hours and some old stock to weld/space the abs bracket.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark.

I have already contacted Bilstein. Sam gave me the details. Very reasonable. Only down side is that it takes 2-3 weeks and what to do with the car during this period?

The alternative is to buy those Nitrons instead of refurbing eight year old parts.

I’m already a member of the FB group.

Would be good to organise a proper UK owner meet up!