Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear squeaking and dash rattling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My S85D is only about 10 months old but it's already got a bad case of rattling noises on the dash and an annoying and embarassing squeaking noise near the back right wheel when the car goes over even minor bumps. The squeaking noise is even more apparent when there are passengers in the back.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this in their less-than-one-year-old car?

FYI, I did schedule an appointment with my local Service Center but I'm just curious if this is a common issue among Tesla owners.

Thanks.

I have the same occasional squeak from what I believe to be the rear right wheel-well also. It seems to get more noticeable at highway speeds and windy conditions. My car is almost 4 months old. Service center offered to make appointment to check it out, but I haven't taken them up on it yet due to unpredictable schedule.

My 85D is the same age as yours and I have the same rattles.They showed up about a month ago. I will have them fixed at the annual service. I am getting the 4G upgrade so they have to take the dash off anyway. I am not sure were the rear rattle comes from.

My S85D is only about 10 months old but it's already got a bad case of rattling noises on the dash and an annoying and embarassing squeaking noise near the back right wheel when the car goes over even minor bumps. The squeaking noise is even more apparent when there are passengers in the back.

Is this common? Has anyone else experienced this in their less-than-one-year-old car?

FYI, I did schedule an appointment with my local Service Center but I'm just curious if this is a common issue among Tesla owners.

Thanks.

The service center is your friend, and you do not have to wait until your annual service (unless its distance related) to take care of. I got a CPO and immediately had a number of noise issues. The tech took about a 20 minute drive with me and had a notebook. He listed more noise related things than I did.

24 hours latter and it was a different car. Fixing the rear hatch buffeting was the biggest issue, but he found many cable bundles that had come loose and reaffixed them. He also made adjustments to the latching mechanisms of the frunk, rear hatch and doors.

Now if I could just get double thick insulated glass, quell tire noise I'd be set.