Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear tail lights - moisture inside

interfx

Feb 22, 2020
Greater Atlanta
Have been loving my Tesla MY, but in the past few days have now developed rear tail light with water/lots of moisture inside. Same hot & humid weather here in Georgia, seal must have broken recently... Anyone else have this happen?

Best part, logged a service request and they're coming to my house to fix/replace in less than a week!

Freewheeler

Vendor
May 22, 2020
New York
This is a chronic problem posted elsewhere. Glad Tesla is replacing yours so easily. They rejected my request as "that's normal", but when a tech came out for another item he said "Wow, did you order replacement taillights? You need them!" and when I explained I was declined he ordered them for me and scheduled their replacement. In the meantime I drilled a small hole in at the bottom of the side of the lens and water poured out but the fogging is pretty much gone even after rain. Hopefully the replacements resolve the issue.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC