Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear taillights tinted?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Planning on bringing the MY in for front window tint. Was considering tinting / smoking the rear tail lights. Has anyone here considered it or done it? Not sure how it’d look or how hazardous it would be. Was hoping to black out the emblems in the future

Planning on bringing the MY in for front window tint. Was considering tinting / smoking the rear tail lights. Has anyone here considered it or done it? Not sure how it’d look or how hazardous it would be. Was hoping to black out the emblems in the future
I did the inside part and left the red for contrast and visibility.

3DECED6A-8839-4B4B-8990-400266BF0A94.png

Reactions: Bo5ibbs and 63AMG
HAHA! You asked "...how hazardous it would be..." My "smart ass reply" was actually an honest comment.

I like the look very much, except when visibility is low and I can't see your brake lights. Been there, done that. It IS hazardous. Be careful. If you get rear-ended, don't expect your insurance company to help you out.

I like the look very much, except when visibility is low and I can't see your brake lights. Been there, done that. It IS hazardous. Be careful. If you get rear-ended, don't expect your insurance company to help you out.

Thanks will keep that in mind, that was my main concern. Was curious if others had done it and regretted it basically, sounds like you wouldn’t do it again if you had been there done that before?

HAHA! You asked "...how hazardous it would be..." My "smart ass reply" was actually an honest comment.

Sorry it was like 4 am and I was grumpy / couldn’t sleep — you made a good suggestion honestly. My apologies

Reducing light output - from headlights or taillights is not a great idea IMO.

However - accentuating the darkness looks waay better to me. I really want to crack open the Y’s headlights and paint the chrome bits matte black. Light output stays the same and looks soo much better.

I wonder about open the taillights...?