Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Tire Tread Warning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I replaced both rear tires (stock) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and I still have the warning of rear tire uneven tread depth. I drove it for like 50 miles and the warning disappeared for a week. And now its back.

How is this even possible, and how to remove this warning?

If it comes and goes with no change (besides a few miles of driving) then yes, I would say that is a bug.

I had the message come on after one of the recent updates, drove for <10 miles, it went away, and I haven't seen it since (500+ miles and 1 month later).

i still have the warning and cannot get rid of it! super annoying. esp when i sell this - i need to explain why my car cannot get rid of this message, and other people apparently can. the only thing left i can possibly think of is simply to disconnect the battery from the system.

I have the same problem with a set four completely new winter tires. These are Nokian R5. I cannot use the Tesla recommended winter tires because they are just not good enough for the winters and steep driveway I have at 8,500 ft elevation in the Rockies. I tried, and was not able to get out from my driveway until I I completely removed the snow. With Nokians I have no problems. The 'uneven tread' message is quite annoying. Please let me know if you hear of any solution.

I have the same problem with a set four completely new winter tires. These are Nokian R5. I cannot use the Tesla recommended winter tires because they are just not good enough for the winters and steep driveway I have at 8,500 ft elevation in the Rockies. I tried, and was not able to get out from my driveway until I I completely removed the snow. With Nokians I have no problems. The 'uneven tread' message is quite annoying. Please let me know if you hear of any solution.
I have R3s, no problems with the "uneven thread" message. Have you reset your tire settings to winter tires in the service section of the infotainment?