Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear toe arms removal/replace

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,
My rear toe arms are shut. Figured out too close to a planned road trip to order adjustable ones.
After checking to the local SC, the part is for one side is 115CAD and the install 750CAD. Was wondering if there is a problem if I DIY it and cut the bolt and install a new one from the other side. Will the toe still be adjustable? (well, in the limited window permitted by the OEM setup).
Thank you!

Hello,
My rear toe arms are shut. Figured out too close to a planned road trip to order adjustable ones.
After checking to the local SC, the part is for one side is 115CAD and the install 750CAD. Was wondering if there is a problem if I DIY it and cut the bolt and install a new one from the other side. Will the toe still be adjustable? (well, in the limited window permitted by the OEM setup).
Thank you!

Unplugged will overnight parts if you call them. I just had the UP control and toe arms installed on mine this week & the shop just used normal nuts on the bolt. The nut is stamped into the OEM toe arm, so not 100% certain, but I do think it still uses the same bolt.

Whoops, just seen you were in Canada, I thought it said Cali. No overnighting for that. Isn't MPP closer?

Decided to go oem route as I don’t know how long I’ll keep the car.
Wheel movement is gone on driver’s side. Will go for an alignment after doing the other side.
Best part was that the screw came out without cutting.

Attachments

• 3AC2F193-326A-4C02-8B9B-A684F729823B.jpeg
    3AC2F193-326A-4C02-8B9B-A684F729823B.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 200
Can you share what is the trick to remove the bolts without cutting? I’ll be replacing mine soon, if there is no cutting required I plan to do the work myself. Thanks in advance!

It's a bit of luck and fiddling, I think. I was able to wiggle the bolt around enough to squeeze it out - others haven't been quite as lucky.

With that said, you shouldn't be afraid of cutting a bolt so long as you have the replacements in hand from the Service Center. It sounds scary, but in practice there's not really any risk.

I see, keep my fingers crossed I can skip the cutting. 🤞🏼

It's a bit of luck and fiddling, I think. I was able to wiggle the bolt around enough to squeeze it out - others haven't been quite as lucky.

With that said, you shouldn't be afraid of cutting a bolt so long as you have the replacements in hand from the Service Center. It sounds scary, but in practice there's not really any risk.