Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Toe Links worn out after 5000 miles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DNABio

Jun 10, 2021
Earth
Was just told by the service center that my rear toe links are worn out and need replacement. They were replaced last year after 45,000 miles and now I have to replace them again. Is this happeing to any one else?

that is pretty weird, but if they are worn out after such a short time its likely a bad install or your alignment is complete trash, or you are taking the car off roading :p. my car has 117k miles and i just removed the stock toe arms and camber arms and they looked just fine.
I'd recommend buying the N2itive arms from @EV-Fixme since you have to replace them anyway. Why not do an upgrade in the process, get the toe arms and the camber arms at the same time and fix the inner tire wear issue all at once.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
That does sound very strange. Most cars we see have their original toe links, even the ones we replace seem to have life left in the bushings. A couple cars to note had 170k and 190k miles...

The N2 ones have a 8 year warranty on the bushings. But I suspect there may be other issues causing the wear on your car.

My N2itive camber bushings have an 8-year warranty? The rear right unit rattles like crazy from worn bushings, about 16 months and 20,000 miles of use, and 6 alignments. When I bring it up I just hear “who installed them” (me), and the case is closed. I torqued at ride height, which can be a process, and it seems to have made no difference. Maybe an alignment tech loosened and retightened the back corner when it was up or something. Based on cost, difficulty of adjustment, and my personal experience, I would look to a different vendor. Beautiful parts to look at in the box; the bushings are robust and one end flexes dynamically, but just not so great for everyday use imo. Wheel off alignments ($375) are required to get it dialed, or you can make micro adjustments and bring it back in and see how close you are, something I sort of learned was the better method to savings.
“Saving” my tires with toe and camber arms, all the alignments, we are talking $2,200+. A set of my favorite tires last 25k miles for $1050. The arms will pay for themselves in 2-3 years, but with 220k miles, I’m not so sure the car was worth the parts.