Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Trunk Exterior Dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just ordered a 2017 model x and i was wondering if anybody knew the height of the rear trunk from the floor?Like from top of spoiler to floor? I couldnt find it anywhere and i need to know if i have to remove a rack at the end (i will be backing it in) that sits at 52 inches. Thanks alot!

Hey guys, just ordered a 2017 model x and i was wondering if anybody knew the height of the rear trunk from the floor?Like from top of spoiler to floor? I couldnt find it anywhere and i need to know if i have to remove a rack at the end (i will be backing it in) that sits at 52 inches. Thanks alot!
I measure 52.5" with spoiler up.

Though its active spoiler and sits down when parked, it raises upon wake-up, so you're very close to crashing the rack.

Reactions: Dechidus
Go figure its almost the same height as my rack
:rolleyes::rolleyes:. That geofencing trick might help. I would pull in first but then i would have to get a long cord. Thanks alot fellas!
Well what I mean is, before you back-in, set suspension to "very low", then back in slowly with a person watching it clear the rack.
Your car will remember this location and that "very low" setting by location (geofence). Make sure you're seeing it in the instrument cluster as lowering automatically, watch it like a hawk even on the MCU big screen b4 trusting it. o_O