Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Trunk Organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pdxgibby

Software Engineer
Oct 30, 2015
Tualatin, Oregon
Any recommendations for an organizer for the lower rear trunk compartment? I'd like to have something to organize a few items and I don't like them floating around the trunk. Yes, I've googled and searched Amazon and I have found a few options:

Car Trunk Organizer For SUVs, VANs Trucks From Mapopia. Heavy Duty, Sturdy Design, Collapsible Cargo Organizer - Best For Grocery Storage - Mapopia - Auto Accessories
Amazon.com: JACO Heavy Duty Trunk Organizer - Premium Auto Cargo Storage Container for Car, Truck, SUV (Black/Grey): Automotive
Amazon.com: Highland Space Master Soft Sided Organizer: Automotive

These all look okay, but I think I might want something a bit larger.

I am working on a DIY solution to this opportunity. Velcro sticks like glue to the fabric/carpet in the compartment. I am going to fabricate some 18" solid pieces and attach a velcro strip to each end...much like the dividers you find in camera bags. This way the space can be adjusted as needed. I am also trying find the same type of fabric/carpet to wrap the 18" pieces so that I can use shorter pieces to customize the space even more. If there is any interest, I shall share my results.

Just actually found a great one on amazon a month ago, had bought a couple flimsy ones in the past but this one has been awesome. It has those velcro grippers on the bottom too to keep it from sliding everywhere. Found it here, the size and color are perfect to me.

I did a video recently on this subject. I ended up with ROLA and am pretty happy with it. Fits quite nicely.

Also, another cool trick is to use a cargo net which works great with the sub trunk organizer.
Check it out: