TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear Trunk Organizer

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by pdxgibby, Jan 24, 2016.

1. pdxgibby

pdxgibby Member

Any recommendations for an organizer for the lower rear trunk compartment? I'd like to have something to organize a few items and I don't like them floating around the trunk. Yes, I've googled and searched Amazon and I have found a few options:

Car Trunk Organizer For SUVs, VANs Trucks From Mapopia. Heavy Duty, Sturdy Design, Collapsible Cargo Organizer - Best For Grocery Storage - Mapopia - Auto Accessories
    Amazon.com: JACO Heavy Duty Trunk Organizer - Premium Auto Cargo Storage Container for Car, Truck, SUV (Black/Grey): Automotive
    Amazon.com: Highland Space Master Soft Sided Organizer: Automotive

These all look okay, but I think I might want something a bit larger.

2. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Yes! If you scroll down a few posts in this subforum, you'll see the thread: Nice Storage Organizer for Model S Trunk Well

Note: the one I have is the Rola 59001, which fills the entire lower rear trunk compartment perfectly. Apparently there is also a slightly smaller model 59000.

• Helpful x 1
  3. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

I am working on a DIY solution to this opportunity. Velcro sticks like glue to the fabric/carpet in the compartment. I am going to fabricate some 18" solid pieces and attach a velcro strip to each end...much like the dividers you find in camera bags. This way the space can be adjusted as needed. I am also trying find the same type of fabric/carpet to wrap the 18" pieces so that I can use shorter pieces to customize the space even more. If there is any interest, I shall share my results.

4. Mkprks

Mkprks New Member

Just actually found a great one on amazon a month ago, had bought a couple flimsy ones in the past but this one has been awesome. It has those velcro grippers on the bottom too to keep it from sliding everywhere. Found it here, the size and color are perfect to me.