Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear trunk "TESLA" trim without text?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question: chrome delete jobs are often thought of as reversible- it's basically a vinyl wrap that can be peeled off later if you change your mind- but is it possible to chrome delete the regular trunk trim *with vinyl* while leaving the raised letters in place? (Most places spray paint this piece because of the lettering, even if they wrap the easier stuff..) Or is vinyl too complex? Or should the trim piece itself just be replaced outright like what ngng is doing here?

Question: chrome delete jobs are often thought of as reversible- it's basically a vinyl wrap that can be peeled off later if you change your mind- but is it possible to chrome delete the regular trunk trim *with vinyl* while leaving the raised letters in place? (Most places spray paint this piece because of the lettering, even if they wrap the easier stuff..) Or is vinyl too complex? Or should the trim piece itself just be replaced outright like what ngng is doing here?
I don't know anything about the product I'm linking below, other than I saw a video where they applied the rear chrome delete and the letters were cut out: Tesla Model X Complete Chrome Delete

Reactions: Harvey Danger
I have a brand new one for sale if you’re interested. I had mine replaced, but the replacement was slightly scratched. So they ordered another for me. I could barely see the scratch and they were going to toss it, so they just gave me the new one and I left the scratched on my car

you should swap the new one on and send me your scratched one. you know, for the cause! ;) what does the trim cost from tesla? I've been surprised how inexpensive stuff like the door handle bezels and interior buttons are. typically these are marked way up by other dealers!

I actually have a worse problem: I don't want to paint (or dip) the part that says "Signature". In principle most chrome delete jobs are reversible. I guess I'll ask whatever shop I take it into to just remove it entirely and hand it to me and then replace it with a new generic one and then they can paint it or dip it or wrap it or do whatever they want to make it black. But I'm not painting over the original.

It will be a solid strip without any Tesla text
Think that would look nice, I wrapped mine but the letters are chrome still, I did put the vinyl on the letters, but the sides are still chrome. I may just plastidip the letters for full coverage.

the Tesla letters are a separate piece behind, cause they make ones that light up different colors. A wrap over the stock piece and remove the letter insert might looks ok if you can get the letters to indent some in the trim.

Attachments

• EB02C401-9D5E-43A2-9202-CE6F9DBCBF23.jpeg
    EB02C401-9D5E-43A2-9202-CE6F9DBCBF23.jpeg
    349.9 KB · Views: 678
I found these for my Model S, but I am looking for black not that "carbon look":