Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear USB C Accessory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I swear I searched the threads before I'm asking this question: Am I the only one that feels the need to find some sort of clean hub solution that'll convert the 2 ports I have in the rear to more than just USB-C?

My Google skills must be lacking because, try as I might, I can't find a single clean solution to expand the usb-c ports in the back. Hoping some of you have bought some already that you can point me in the right direction. I don't need the hub for the front, my wireless charging pad suits me just fine.

Not quite sure what you want. The rear USB-C ports are power only for charging, these have no data connection to the car. So what are you hoping to achieve via the rear ports that involves a hub? If you want to charge via USB-A then connect a USB-C hub with USB-A endpoints, or look for a USB-C to USB-A adapter. You are not going to find any ready made, bolt on solutions to do anything with those USB-C power only ports, there is no market for that, unless I am missing something here...

Upvote 0
I have been using my rear usb-C outlets for back seat foot lighting.

20220313_143241 (1).jpg

Reactions: Arthur31
Upvote 0
To clarify, I was looking for clean solutions that expand on port charging options for the rear passengers so it's not a bunch of wires or loose dongles. You know how there's clean implementations of a USB hub inside the center console on the front that allows for USB A and C? I'm looking for something similar presentation wise for the back.

Upvote 0
To clarify, I was looking for clean solutions that expand on port charging options for the rear passengers so it's not a bunch of wires or loose dongles. You know how there's clean implementations of a USB hub inside the center console on the front that allows for USB A and C? I'm looking for something similar presentation wise for the back.
Aporia - Tesla USB Extender Front Rear Docking Station Type C & USB A Multi Plugs for Model 3 and Y +2021 Accessories (Rear) https://a.co/d/4Qs0m66

Came across this randomly as I was looking for something else. Might be exactly what you were looking for

Upvote 0

Nothing looks cleaner than stock, just leave a usb-c to usb-a / lightning / usb-c cables in the seatback pocket.

You'll have a clean looking car and if someone needs to charge, they can just reach into that pocket and pull out the right cable.

BONUS: they don't have to remember to bring their charging cable

Upvote 0