Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear USB C Ports not aligned

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Annoyingly, my '22 MYP didn't come with wireless charging and front USB C ports, to add insult to injury the rear USB ports aren't aligned for me to insert a USB C cable in. Am I doing something wrong here? I just bought a USB C to lightning cable and wont go in. I used a stock Apple cable and it looks like it wont fit either. Anyone else experienced this? The only logical thing I can surmise is that the trim around the ports is blocking the connectors path.
IMG-2562.jpg
IMG-2561.jpg

It’s hard to tell from the picture - I expect the USB ports are part of a module that is installed in the console so it’s possible that it wasn’t properly aligned. I’d make a service center appt to have them fix it.

In the mean time, there should be a USB port in the glove box that you can use.

Yeah - it does. You got a double whammy: no front ports because of parts shortages and unusable rear ports because of sloppy quality control.

Supposedly there’s a USB port in the glovebox but I looked in mine today and didn’t see one.

Do you have any other USB-C devices that you could try?

There were a ton of incorrectly-made USB-A to USB-C cords being produced originally. it's possible that the cables are one of these old, out-of-spec cables. But I would hope that the Tesla-supplied cable would be OK.

Same issue here. I just picked up my 2022 Model 3 and rear seat USB C ports are not aligned, no way to insert the cables. It is a shame..
Glad it's not just me lol. I brought the car and bitched nicely of course that I still don't have my front USB hub. Luckily for me they said they have it and will be installing it for me. It's annoying that I have to come here and they (Tesla) not proactive to tell me they have it. Lesson learned that I have to be consistently annoying (nice way of course, no point in being a jerk).

Reactions: sleepydoc
You could simply remove the faceplate by grabbing the edges and pulling since its held on with push clips. Then unscrew the USB-C module and realign yourself if you don't want to wait for an appointment.

Fast forward to the 9min mark. **THIS IS NOT MY VIDEO**

The only problem with doing it yourself is if you mess anything up it likely won’t be covered under the new car warranty.

Reactions: Jungl3
It’s hard to tell from the picture - I expect the USB ports are part of a module that is installed in the console so it’s possible that it wasn’t properly aligned. I’d make a service center appt to have them fix it.

In the mean time, there should be a USB port in the glove box that you can use.
But that’s a usba. Won’t fit the new cable. And that port is used for sentry mode.
Better to use a plug in 12v socket charger