TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rear USB Question

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sdorn, Jan 4, 2017.

1. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

I have a quick question. Are the rear seat USB ports in the current MS connected to the infotainment system, or just for power?

I can't plug my dash cam into the USB ports in the front as it thinks I am connecting it to a computer and goes into transfer mode so I have to plug it into a USB charger plugged into the 12v socket instead. Do the rear USB ports act the same as the front ports and try and connect to the infotainment system? I don't have my car with me at the moment, so can't check.