Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rear vents don't turn on automatically

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I know for certain they used to turn on when a passenger got in the back, or even if I got in the back seat in the garage looking at something.

I noticed today that they rear vent isn't turning on when I sit back there anymore. I got in the front seat and reached to the back and pushed down and verified all the seat sensors are at least working because it would give me the seat belt indication for all 3 seats. The vents never turned on though. I could manually turn on the rear vent.

did this change with a software update or am I missing something? I did a steering wheel reboot to see with no change. I'm on version 28.6

I noticed it too and thought it was odd that the passenger side AC turns on or off depending on if it's occupied but the rear vent didn't

Maybe an update improvement will be for it to automatically turn on if the seat belt is fastened as opposed to using the seat weight sensor to determine if the back is occupied. That solves the problem of the vent turning on when the back is loaded with stuff and not humans