TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear vents louder with 8.0

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Pjjava34, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Pjjava34

Pjjava34 Member

Has anyone noticed that the rear vents seem louder since the 8.0 upgrade?

I usually have both the front and rear vents set to 6 as the sound level dramatically increases once you hit 7 or higher.
    After upgrading to 8.0 last night, I noticed pretty easily that the vents in the back seemed awfully loud. At first, I checked to see if the fan speed was at 7 or higher accidentally. It was at 4, then I figured some of the louvers in the back must be shut and its forcing more air out other vents, making them louder.
    All vents were wide open and interestingly enough it's not the second row vents that are any louder but both 3rd row vents that are the culprit.
    This Is even at a fan speed of 4 while 7 has always been the threshold for audibility.

Well, that's my vent (pun intended) with 8.0 if indeed its 8.0s fault.
    Has 8.0 messed with fan speed?
    Anyone else notice that the rear vents are louder than they previously were at the same fan speeds?

2. markn455

markn455 Member

There is suppose to be more air movement with 8.0. Have noticed some increase in airflow but no change in the noise level.

• Like x 1
  3. passcore

passcore Member

We have definitely noticed the increased air flow with the V8.0 upgrade. I almost always have some form of music or radio on in the car so never noticed the increase in air vent sound..

4. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Rear flow was less than front at the same number setting before; do they seem more similar now?

5. earlyretirement

earlyretirement Model X 90D

Yes, it's definitely louder but airflow is much better now.