TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Rear view camera - Kenwood CMOS 310 on JVC KD-NX5000

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by asgard, Oct 23, 2013.

1. asgard

asgard Member

Dietsch Werks (http://www.dietschwerks.com/), the same guys who installed the Nitron race shocks on my Roadster
    also installed the Kenwood CMOS 310 camera on my JVC. The screen on the JVCs is not great but the camera still works well.
    Dietsch Werks built a custom Y bracket that screws onto the license plate screws and hangs behind the plate.
    The camera has 5 adjustable views that you can rotate through using a pushbutton. Dietsch Werks mounted that
    behind the starter keyhole.
    The switch cycles though Wide-angle, standard, Bottom, Top/Bottom Split, Dual Corners.

I am pleased with the quality of the work and the camera itself is incredibly useful. The way Dietsch set it up, it turns on
    when you back up, or you can turn it on even when the car is in drive. The Dual-Corner view is great for blind-spot viewing.
    The attached image is flipped upside down for some odd reason...

photo.jpg

2. shrink

shrink Member

I just had a back up camera added to the JVC as well. I used the JVC-KVCM20. However, my car is still at the shop so I can't speak to the installation or how well it works. Will post an update once I get it back.

3. shrink

shrink Member

Finally got mine back. It's solid. No complaints:

null_zpsa809b179.jpg