Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear View Camera split screen issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have their rear view camera display cut in half, displaying the ground on the top half and top view on the bottom?
It happens both when I'm driving and in reverse about a few times a month for the past year. It usually clears up on it's own in a day or two. Rebooting didn't fix it.
rearcam.JPG

Last edited:
It's a known problem. It's happened to me once or twice.

If you need to clear it up in a hurry, I'd try parking the car, then: Controls > E-Brake & Power Off > Power Off — and then sit quietly for a couple of minutes, without touching any controls or pedals. That seems to be a deeper power cycle than either of the steering wheel reboots.

I too have encountered this issue and have seen this issue intermittently since year and half ago. When I took my car today for something else, I let the technician know about it and he said that this is an issue that has been brought to their attention recently and Tesla is looking into it. For now, all they can say is that it is not a hardware issue but a firmware issue so no ETA on the firmware fix for that yet.