Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view camera stuttering

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lodged a service request for this (just to promote them fixing it soonest). Didn’t think it was fit for purpose/thought the display misleading in the supermarket car park this morning. Video stuttered, and it was only the ultrasonics that saved me - and I don’t think I reverse fast.

This is another reason we need to be able to have some control over the software and possibly rollback feature as breaking features isn't great like the Voice Recognition used to work flawlessly when I originally got the car but not now :(

Anyone else started to experience choppy viewing and slight lag on the rear view camera the past few weeks since a recent update?

It certainly isn't fun when reversing and worrying about hitting something due to the cameras needing to catch up
appears to be fixed with version 2021.44.30.7 that I received last night. I am a USA customer, but i think its the same issue, started right after the new user interface update.

I've had a front cam in all my cars for at least the past 10 years and wouldn't be without one. On what/where does the cam in the M3 record stuff and how do you view it?
There is a dashcam viewer app on the screen. Videos from all dashcams (front, rear, driver and passenger side) are recorded to a USB memory stick located in the glove compartment. The glove compartment can be locked requiring a pin to open.