Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a few days to settle down I figured how bad could it be? I'd been driving my X (on V8.1) the last few days.
So I drove my S (with V9) around this afternoon on some errands. Oh man. It's so annoying always having maps on top. Swapping between rear cam and media back and forth over and over was a pain. Why are they forcing maps on us?! I know where my local Home Depot is without using a map.

Your incessant efforts to belittle and mock anyone who feels it is a serious loss for safety and situational awareness are unwelcome.

I am simply pointing out that across the 150 threads of the same topic, folks should not assume they are speaking for the majority.

If you cannot handle that criticism, then I suggest you make your complaint as is yours and not everyone’s.

• Disagree
Reactions: Doctt
I am simply pointing out that across the 150 threads of the same topic, folks should not assume they are speaking for the majority.

If you cannot handle that criticism, then I suggest you make your complaint as is yours and not everyone’s.

If that's your point, you've made it. I don't think that's all you've been saying. I don't understand the hostility towards the opinion of some regarding how they would like to use their cars.

This is not a zero sum situation. You can have your nav, we just want the choices that have always existed, especially having the rear view camera on whenever we want for a lot of reasons, mostly to increase safety.

I have repeatedly stated that the complaint is valid for the individual. Just the constant new threads of the same topic. And posts stating opinions as fact. Especially when it’s an opinion that is not shared by all but stated as if it were.

I believe it’s been well documented that forums are a majority place for complaints. People that don’t have problems don’t run to a forum to create threads saying how wonderful everything is.

Complaints on a forum is not an accurate sample of how the majority of owners feel about their vehicles.

As an owner of a non-tech MS, I will avoid installing V9 in perpetuity. The map works fine without NAV, and I'm sure V9 would appear like any other MS. My map will remain on the bottom to both hide my bubbles with the app menu and keep the +/- buttons available. For me, media goes up top.
Aside from the occasional address I don't know, I mainly use the map for traffic; it does not deserve to always claim the lion's share of area - not on my screen.
V9 ensures all apps besides map and media are 2 buttons away instead of 1.
V9 gets me TeslAtari, absolutely nothing more.

And posts stating opinions as fact. Especially when it’s an opinion that is not shared by all but stated as if it were.

Are there people stating that the new layout (Maps fullscreen with one optional app on the lower portion of the screen) is superior to the previous one (two apps of user choice and location or one app fullscreen) for their use cases? I haven't seen much of this, and it would be an important metric for converting these disparate opinions into overall satisfaction measurement.

Are there people stating that the new layout (Maps fullscreen with one optional app on the lower portion of the screen) is superior to the previous one (two apps of user choice and location or one app fullscreen) for their use cases? I haven't seen much of this, and it would be an important metric for converting these disparate opinions into overall satisfaction measurement.

I believe my comment above answers your question.

I believe my comment above answers your question.

Your belief is incorrect.

I'm watching for it more as the ongoing rear-cam discussions continue. I'm seeing a few people respond that they consider the new layout superior. What would be informative is to have a wider sampling to determine positive, neutral, and negative opinions, which would yield an overall measure of change in satisfaction.

My hypothesis is that the majority would be neutral. The difference between the percentages of positive vs. negative would determine the objective change in satisfaction.

Your belief is incorrect.

I'm watching for it more as the ongoing rear-cam discussions continue. I'm seeing a few people respond that they consider the new layout superior. What would be informative is to have a wider sampling to determine positive, neutral, and negative opinions, which would yield an overall measure of change in satisfaction.

My hypothesis is that the majority would be neutral. The difference between the percentages of positive vs. negative would determine the objective change in satisfaction.
How could this be done objectively knowing the bias that a forum has toward the negative?

As an owner of a non-tech MS, I will avoid installing V9 in perpetuity. The map works fine without NAV, and I'm sure V9 would appear like any other MS. My map will remain on the bottom to both hide my bubbles with the app menu and keep the +/- buttons available. For me, media goes up top.
Aside from the occasional address I don't know, I mainly use the map for traffic; it does not deserve to always claim the lion's share of area - not on my screen.
V9 ensures all apps besides map and media are 2 buttons away instead of 1.
V9 gets me TeslAtari, absolutely nothing more.
Even TeslAtari is a letdown - I was hoping for Pole Position :p

• Funny
Reactions: gt2690b and bollar
I have repeatedly stated that the complaint is valid for the individual. Just the constant new threads of the same topic. And posts stating opinions as fact. Especially when it’s an opinion that is not shared by all but stated as if it were.
Isn't that exactly the nature of how protests start? Folk disgusted / fed up with something(s) - issue(s) that seem over the top intolerable? Even though some are ok with status quo? Then - those who feel outrage realize they are not alone as they voice or pen their outrage? Isn't that how folk realize, there seems to be thousands, maybe 10's of thousand with the same outrage? Is that the issue? Too many with the same complaint?
Maybe the real issue is ~ someone that comes along & says, "oh stop it already ... too many have already voiced that issue".
;)

We should all make service appointments requesting to be downgraded to V.8. If enough requests bombard the service centers, maybe they will complain to corporate asking for a fix..

I just made my appointment. Here's what I said:

"We did the new software update to V9 and are VERY unhappy with all of the best features being removed. We would like to have the car downgraded back to the last version. Is there a way to do that remotely, or do I have to bring it in for that?"

I'm curious if they will contact me beforehand to tell me they can't do it or if they will wait until I arrive to tell me the bad news. This is going to be great.

This isn't a bad idea, actually. Service is already slammed, and repairing broken functions is the purpose of service. So making a service appointment wins no matter what, either they admit to you (record the admission for youtube so it gets enough attention to make them want to fix it) that they broke your car on purpose and it cannot be repaired, or they repair your car and set a precedent for people to schedule service appointments to get repair-downgraded because that's the only way to fix this broken software.

Reactions: gavine
They will not downgrade believe me I've tried on 2 past occasions when I had software issues with my car!
The lauchmode / counter gate issue 3 months after delivery that i had a large reduction in power for 6 months and more recently the audio quality issue where premium audio went bad. My conclusion Software updates are BADo_O and I always avoid them until they are proven safe without issues...

I just made my appointment. Here's what I said:

"We did the new software update to V9 and are VERY unhappy with all of the best features being removed. We would like to have the car downgraded back to the last version. Is there a way to do that remotely, or do I have to bring it in for that?"

I'm curious if they will contact me beforehand to tell me they can't do it or if they will wait until I arrive to tell me the bad news. This is going to be great.

My wife and I are also really unhappy with the V9 software update. Yesterday I sent an email to [email protected], used the escalate feature on the support page for my Model S on the Tesla webpage, and tweeted Elon and Tesla requesting to either revert to the previous version of the software or get an update that allows the camera view to be on the top of the screen.

So far the only response I've gotten was from the "Escalate this concern for executive review" on the Tesla webpage. The relevant portion of the response was "Unfortunate it is not possible to revert the software and put your car back on the older software." I'm sure it's technically possible to do a clean install of the original version of the software and then reapply all of the updates, but I didn't figure this argument would get much traction so I just requested a simple fix to allow the camera view to be moved to the top of the screen. But please let us know if your local service center is able to somehow reinstall the older version of the software for you.

In addition to really liking the camera on top while driving, the giant center screen was a big reason why I purchased a Model S in the first place and this software update just made that key feature far less useful than it was in the car I test drove and the car I purchased. It's now even less useful than the significantly smaller screen in our Model 3 because at least in the Model 3 you can see both the compact version of the media player and the rear camera at the same time if you do things in the right order.