Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear view mirror visibility in 7-seat configuration?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Honestly coming from the not so good visibility in the model s, this is no big deal. I have had no issues with rear visibility in my 7 seat. If I every need in flip on the rear camera.

I couldn't agree more. The visibility problem is blown way out of proportion on the X. This is coming from someone who has posted and complained about rear visibility out of the S. In the S, I'm always turning my entire body or wiggling to get a better view. I have never felt this need in the X.

The 7 seat X is actually great if you have kids. We put our a front facing car seat in the middle seat, leaving enough room for 2 passengers still on the outboard seats. This allows us to move it as far forward as possible, leaving room for 3rd row passengers. One extra + is that both driver & passenger can turn and reach the kid if needed. Our car seat does not interfere with the rear visibility either.

Now with that said, obviously the center headrest is in the way. I find that cars will be blocked from view wen they are directly behind me, about 2-3 car lengths behind and maintaining that distance on a flat road. Any further and you'll spot them. Elevation changes, and you'll spot them. Slightly off center, you'll see them. Cop car...ok that one might depend on if they're driving a sedan or suv, or how high their light bar is. Otherwise, I haven't noticed it as an annoying obstruction.