Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear visibility

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my P+ today and love it. But not so much the rear visibility. I was wondering if it was the spoiler that was causing most of the obstruction or if the regular and long range versions are also affected.

If it is the spoiler I assume it can be removed.

I got my P+ today and love it. But not so much the rear visibility. I was wondering if it was the spoiler that was causing most of the obstruction or if the regular and long range versions are also affected.

I don’t find it too bad. No spoiler. But then a few years ago I had a Toyota Prius (shudder...) and the rear view on that was like looking through a letterbox o_O

My first test drive in a M3 was a P+ and one of the first things I noticed was the view out of the mirror was narrow, I'd imagine even worse if there was a huge headed lardy in the back or even anyone over 4'6"... I remember hearing once that the best remedy was to turn the rear cam on the screen :eek: not sure if that is feasible or even practical, have never tried (yet...) :)

My first test drive in a M3 was a P+ and one of the first things I noticed was the view out of the mirror was narrow, I'd imagine even worse if there was a huge headed lardy in the back or even anyone over 4'6"... I remember hearing once that the best remedy was to turn the rear cam on the screen :eek: not sure if that is feasible or even practical, have never tried (yet...) :)
You certainly can drive along with the rear camera on screen.

Reactions: IanMcL and Thomami
you would have thought they would have done what land rover and others have done in which they use a camara mounted on the shark fin antenna to give a rear view through to the mirror on top of the mirror itself. very smart feature and lets you see over anyone in the backs head.

of course minimalisim and keeping costs down seems to have removed the wish for this but maybe in future trims??

you would have thought they would have done what land rover and others have done in which they use a camara mounted on the shark fin antenna to give a rear view through to the mirror on top of the mirror itself. very smart feature and lets you see over anyone in the backs head.

of course minimalisim and keeping costs down seems to have removed the wish for this but maybe in future trims??
Haven't seen that, but it sounds like a great idea.

That would be ideal. Unless the camera has a blob of water on it as mine did this morning giving a very blurred image.

I raised my seat up to the highest it would go and it is not too bad now. Still much worse than everything else I have ever driven

Initial thoughts on drivers mirror is that it cannot be adjusted to give a wide enough view. Seem to have too much view of side of the car for my preference and I probably end up not being able to see far down the road. Need to do actual visibility test but I was conscious of not being able to see as much as I would like.

Not sure if the mirror should adjust further out? It just gets to a stop and keeps on whirring.

I'll see if I can post an image at some point.