Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear wheel well aero cover.

What do you think? Would you be interested?

• Ew!

• Meh.

• I'd give them a shot.

• Yes!!! <3

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always been obsessed with rear wheel well aero covers. Also known as fender skirts.

I remember seeing them on 2009 Brabus E V12 which at the time had the guiness record for the fastest 4 door sedan:
1194-20191004115932-27.jpg

I'm guessing the rear wheel covers helped it achieve 370 km/h.

Then there was the VW XL 1:
volkswagen-xl1-concept_100338467_h.jpg

So sleek and beautiful. Almost like an aluminum unibody MacBook.

There were other examples too. The McLaren X-1 Concept.
mclaren-x1-001-opt.jpg

A few limited run Pagani Zondas:
maxresdefault.jpg

And my absolute absolute favourite: The Mercedes F700 Concept car.
2007-mercedes-f-700-concept.jpg

It has a transparent fender skirt! For 2007 this was considered magic for me. Transparent materials? What?!

Anyway. I think Tesla should start designing cars with fender skirts. If it changes the look of the car too much, they can do what this 13 year old Merc concept does and make it transparent. Or maybe Unplugged Performance could make an after market version for the cars to help with range and top speed?

I've been looking at Teslas trying to imagine how they would look like with wheel covers either matching the body paint, or made of hard rubber similar to the material they use around the wheel well on the X and the Y, or simply transparent ones.

I think the body coloured ones on the S and 3, and rubber or plastic ones on Y and X would look really awesome!