Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Wheel Well Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone have any idea why they would purposely leave holes in the wheel well, or not putting the plastic nut on the threaded posts? I’m at a loss.
Folks it supposed to have clip/grommets holding the wheel well liner. I had one missing and some folks lot more missing. Get this fixed. There is a thread about missing clips.

Shoddy quality and poor QC and missing parts..

Anyone have the same issue i have here (my model 3 that i have just gotten delivery of less then 2 weeks ago), i just noticed the liner on the driver side rear toward the bumpers sonar sensor isn't lined up. It's exposed like the liner was bad. The passenger side is perfect and covers the sensor. This is exposes it and i'm afraid water will get in and damaged the sensor, not to mention the cosmetic side effects and it intrudes and can be seen. I need to take a pic of this but wonder if you guys can check to see if you liner on the driver side isn't tucked in and covering the rear bumper.
Same issue. I'm curious if anyone has had it fixed yet and what the official fix entails.

I had mobile ranger come and add the clips to these holes. The ranger told me that early this year, the engineers in the factory determined that these clips are no longer necessary and thus every car afterwards skipped the step. He though addressed my concern of dirt/noise and add the clips back for me. It was a <10 mins fix for the ranger.

I had mobile ranger come and add the clips to these holes. The ranger told me that early this year, the engineers in the factory determined that these clips are no longer necessary and thus every car afterwards skipped the step. He though addressed my concern of dirt/noise and add the clips back for me. It was a <10 mins fix for the ranger.

That is some BS by that ranger. Even car that is delivered yesterday has all clips in place. Stiff cloth like liner needs these clips to keep it place when this liner gets loaded with dirt/mud/water etc.

BTW, these clips system for liner is no different than many other manufacturers.

Guys, please do not buy into this BS, and confuse new folks.

Reactions: hoang51
My Model 3 has this problem as well. Doesn’t stick out as much as the original poster’s does, but the passenger side is fine so there is hope it can be fixed. Once the ranger looks at my vehicle for the charge port issue, I’ll ask him to look at the wheel liner. Hope all goes well for us!

So you guys are saying these three holes in the rear wheel wells should have clips or screws and not be empty?

AE3BB8DC-0C65-457F-96E4-6AD462AA1F39.jpeg

So you guys are saying these three holes in the rear wheel wells should have clips or screws and not be empty?

Some people say yes, some people say no. But given that it seems like almost all of the Model 3s seem to come without them, that they made a change and now longer use those holes. Maybe the next revision of the liner won't have the holes.

• Disagree
Reactions: chinnam3
I am not leaving a bunch of holes in the wheel liner. Will pay the $2 in parts if I have to.

I wonder if Tesla figured they could save 3 cents by eliminate the plastic rivets in these locations. There clearly not "lightening holes", so it seems they are there to secure and align the liner.

P.S. What's with that wheel liner material? Looks like some fiberboard stuff that wouldn't last a week in wet weather...hope its stronger than it looks.

Some people say yes, some people say no. But given that it seems like almost all of the Model 3s seem to come without them, that they made a change and now longer use those holes. Maybe the next revision of the liner won't have the holes.

Seriously, if you do not have any idea about these clips, please do not comment. If you care to read other thread you see this is not only place they forgot to put clips.

Just took delivery of 6th Model 3 car yesterday for a friend and it has all the clips.

Anyone who worked on cars would know, these clips are required and common across many manufacturers.

Whoever is doing QC must be horrible, see another example here..It made from plant, QC, PDI and so on..

New Delivery - Bad Paint Job - Opinions

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike