Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Wheel Well Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Top 3 clips on both rear wheel liners missing on my SR+ delivered March 23, 2019. Technician said this is correct manufacturing. I asked for the clips anyway so I could pop them in, and he said they ran out of them. Other Model 3s awaiting delivery also mostly missing these clips also, but I saw one that had 1 of the 3 in place. Really weird.

Top 3 clips on both rear wheel liners missing on my SR+ delivered March 23, 2019. Technician said this is correct manufacturing. I asked for the clips anyway so I could pop them in, and he said they ran out of them. Other Model 3s awaiting delivery also mostly missing these clips also, but I saw one that had 1 of the 3 in place. Really weird.

Top 3 clips? I thought there were only 3 clips tota on each liner?

Top 3 clips? I thought there were only 3 clips tota on each liner?

Clips toward the front and back of the wheel well hold the liner to the car frame. Only the 3 clips at the top tend to be missing. The liner will never fall off, but I am guessing dirt and water can get past the unattached part at the top. It just seems disconcerting how much wiggle the liner can do at the top, which I would guess could also stress the other clips, but I am no auto engineer. I still plan to ask for the clips, to install myself, as soon as I overcome my fear of "dealing" with Tesla.

I had a mobile tech look at my rear driver side wheel liner. He said he thought that it was in tolerance.

I had sent a service request, and 3 weeks later, a service rep requested pictures. Another 3 weeks passed and that rep set up an appointment.

This time the rep came had been briefed about the liner fit problem on some mode 3's. The new one fits much better.

I was not missing any screw on clips.

Anyone has this issue? Top part of the liner is not secured anywhere.

Attachments

• 00D754F7-B9E9-416E-8EFF-D9FA23F433D3.jpeg
    00D754F7-B9E9-416E-8EFF-D9FA23F433D3.jpeg
    895.9 KB · Views: 253
Both of the rear wheel liners on my model 3 have peeled away a little bit from the frame, exposing the sensors near the back wheels. I scheduled a service appointment, the tech looked at it and said it's normal for all model 3s, and it's okay like it is. I'm going to buy some clips and see if I can fix it myself.

• Informative
Reactions: aspec818
Both of the rear wheel liners on my model 3 have peeled away a little bit from the frame, exposing the sensors near the back wheels. I scheduled a service appointment, the tech looked at it and said it's normal for all model 3s, and it's okay like it is. I'm going to buy some clips and see if I can fix it myself.
Can you post some pictures?

Reactions: Msjulie
Anyone has this issue? Top part of the liner is not secured anywhere.

I noticed both issues on my car a week after delivery. Mobile ranger in my city refused to fix it, saying it’s within specs. :mad:

Showed it to another mobile ranger while I was super charging in another city. He said he’s seen the same issue on many cars but they’re not fixing it as they don’t think it’s a problem.

Kind of ridiculous, really.

• Informative
Reactions: bcpm3p

My driver rear liner has peeled away also exposing the PDC. I was told by a mobile tech and a tech at the SC that it is normal. I asked if water getting behind the liner would cause any issues and was told it is a non issue.

20200212_213608.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p