Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Wheel Well Liner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of the rear wheel liners on my model 3 have peeled away a little bit from the frame, exposing the sensors near the back wheels. I scheduled a service appointment, the tech looked at it and said it's normal for all model 3s, and it's okay like it is. I'm going to buy some clips and see if I can fix it myself.

Here's a picture of the liner pealing away exposing the sensor.

Attachments

• liner.jpg
    liner.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 373
Same as the others... 3 months old car !!!

Both rear wheels affected, this is rear left.

ced_2020-04-15@18h47_IMG_9952.JPG

Not only does it show up when you're next to the car, but it's an obvious water intake which will lead to problems...

3 months, less than 2000 miles...

Took delivery yesterday and discovered I have the same issue with one of the back wheel wells. Missing cap on screw and the liner is sagging down. Uploaded pictures and scheduled a service appointment (no mobile service available) for July.

Attachments

• 20200623_184920.jpg
    20200623_184920.jpg
    496.5 KB · Views: 232
  • 20200623_184927.jpg
    20200623_184927.jpg
    383.6 KB · Views: 261
I'm missing a cap on a screw. My service center is a pathetic joke unfortunately and at some point the car did have lowering springs before I bought it so I'm sure they would blame it on that. Does anyone know where to get the cap?

Those threaded 'screws' have been missing caps since 2017 build date cars.
They dont really need them, just as some of the push pin cutouts in the front and rear liners do not have a hole for a pushpin to go into (on some build date ranges they do, on many they dont).

If you want to put something over the threaded 'screws' in the back, pickup some square, plate, weld or clamping plate nuts in the right size and call it a day.