Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear wifi and cellular antennas peeling off glass!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Aloha! I noticed some of the antennas and rear window defrost lines were peeling off of the window on my 2018 mosel 3 . I contacted Tesla and they agreed to warranty it, but the only replacement windows they have have a black tint and mine has an iridescent reddish Violet tint both rear and roof. The dealer tells me that the original tint colors are no longer available. Has anybody replaced the Wi-Fi or cellular antennas with an aftermarket option? I would love to not have to replace the rear windshield! Mahalo!

Attachments

• IMG_20201226_151449.jpg
    IMG_20201226_151449.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 194
I don't know about the availability of the original orange-ish glass but as far as I know, the WiFi and cell antennas in the 2018 Model 3 are located inside the right hand side mirror housing.

If just the defrost lines are peeling off, there are some metallic paints that are usually used to bridge small gaps in the traces. I don't know if you can replace large (long) pieces that are breaking off.

Last edited:
Aloha! I noticed some of the antennas and rear window defrost lines were peeling off of the window on my 2018 mosel 3 . I contacted Tesla and they agreed to warranty it, but the only replacement windows they have have a black tint and mine has an iridescent reddish Violet tint both rear and roof. The dealer tells me that the original tint colors are no longer available. Has anybody replaced the Wi-Fi or cellular antennas with an aftermarket option? I would love to not have to replace the rear windshield! Mahalo!

They dont have the glass with that orangish tint to it any longer. I have a 2018 and have it in all my glass ( glass roof too) but remember reading reports that cars starting sometime in 2019 didnt have it.

That iridescent orange only appears when the glass is wet. I would just let tesla replace it with the current part they use, especially since they are going to cover it.

Reactions: JohnnyEV