Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear window does not stay fully up, causing wind noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my SR+ last week and love many aspects of the car, but I'm having a few frustrations. Top of the list for me is that I get a lot of wind noise from the driver's side rear seat window, which will not remain in its fully extended position.

The window will extend to its highest position and seal against the glass when I raise it using the rocker switch in the door, but as soon as you close the driver's door (not the rear door/window in question, but the one in front of it), the rear door drops about a half inch or so. It seems like something related to the normal lowering/raising of the driver's door window when you open/close that door leads to this downward twitch in the rear seat door window.

I've read other threads on the forum that suggest raising and lowering the window repeatedly to get the car to relearn the window positions. I've tried that, to no avail. Overall, the window regulator seems to exhibit a lot of jumpiness between its two possible "fully up" positions, sometimes landing at one or the other. Unfortunately, the lower position is the only one that it's stable at over the long term.

Any ideas? I had an ES300 years ago with frameless doors, so I've suffered through some wind noise. This is bordering on intolerable.

Attachments

• IMG_20191222_220644.jpg
    IMG_20191222_220644.jpg
    659.1 KB · Views: 107
Did you do the reset procedure from the driver's window control switch?

I think it has to be done from that switch and not the other door's switch. And press and hold down, until the window is fully down, let go, then press and hold down for 5 more seconds. Then pull and hold up until it closes, then pull and hold up for more 5 seconds.