Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear window opening slightly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My M3 seems to have a sporadic fault on the rear windows. I’ll start a drive and realise wind noise is more than normal so check the windows using the close switch. On these occasions I find either of the rear windows cracked open slightly when neither of the rear doors has been opened. Anyone else come across this at all as I’m slightly baffled why it would occur. I don’t know if it happens on the lock or unlock of the car, I hope it’s unlock and the window is not visibly open from inside so only just down the seal I guess.

My M3 seems to have a sporadic fault on the rear windows. I’ll start a drive and realise wind noise is more than normal so check the windows using the close switch. On these occasions I find either of the rear windows cracked open slightly when neither of the rear doors has been opened. Anyone else come across this at all as I’m slightly baffled why it would occur. I don’t know if it happens on the lock or unlock of the car, I hope it’s unlock and the window is not visibly open from inside so only just down the seal I guess.
It can be quite easy to inadvertently catch one of the switches when using the arm rest ... probably not this but worth including in your list of possibilities!

Anything like this thread?
Sounds similar, thx for this. As said to Adopado I’ll try to be more aware of the switches, see if I can nail it down a bit.