Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear window pulled out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone I am new to Tesla. I just purchased a Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Saturday and I absolutely love it! It is the best vehicle I have ever owned and driven. But today I was driving on the highway with my family and I heard a lot of wind noise coming from the rear passenger window all of a sudden. I though my daughter opened the window but she didn’t. I pulled over to find the top left corner of the window has pulled away from the weather strip and it causing air to blow inside the cab.I scheduled a mobile appointment but, they will not be able to come until March 30th. 😔
Does anyone have any suggestions? My car is parked outside and I am afraid if it rains water will get inside the car and possible cause some damage. I am a little disappointed because I have had the car for only a day and I already have an issue. I did send Tesla a message about the appointment to see if someone could come out sooner.

Hey everyone I am new to Tesla. I just purchased a Tesla Model 3 SR+ on Saturday and I absolutely love it! It is the best vehicle I have ever owned and driven. But today I was driving on the highway with my family and I heard a lot of wind noise coming from the rear passenger window all of a sudden. I though my daughter opened the window but she didn’t. I pulled over to find the top left corner of the window has pulled away from the weather strip and it causing air to blow inside the cab.I scheduled a mobile appointment but, they will not be able to come until March 30th. 😔
Does anyone have any suggestions? My car is parked outside and I am afraid if it rains water will get inside the car and possible cause some damage. I am a little disappointed because I have had the car for only a day and I already have an issue. I did send Tesla a message about the appointment to see if someone could come out sooner.

Do you happen to have a service center nearby? Maybe if you just drop in they can fix it up quickly. Shouldn't take much. Especially since it's a new car, they're usually really responsive to stuff like that. I've always found the service center staff to be super helpful if you ask them nicely!

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Dmurphy: unfortunately I do not have a service center locally. I am about an hour away from one. Maybe I could stop by after work.

Orys3: I did not try to recalibrate the window. I will definitely do that today when I get back to my vehicle.

Kenc: That is exactly what I am afraid of. If recalibrating the window doesn’t work, I will stop by a glass shop to take a look.

thank you everyone for the suggestions. Hopefully recalibrating the window will work.

I would not feel safe with just recalibrating based on stories such as the one below. Definitely take it to the service center and have them fix it or sign off on it in writing as being safe to operate.

I would not feel safe with just recalibrating based on stories such as the one below. Definitely take it to the service center and have them fix it or sign off on it in writing as being safe to operate.

Absolutely. I messaged Tesla again and they are going to send a service tech out tomorrow to looks at the window. Hopefully they will be able to repair it tomorrow.

Reactions: hellocar

I haven't had quite the issue with the window as described here, but every once in a while I do notice increased wind noise from the front left window. I always follow the manual's directions to use the driver's window controls to lower and raise the windows twice. It always fixes the issue - at least for awhile. I would try this fix before anything else. But if it doesn't work, take it to Tesla rather than to any other car glass business.