Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear window rattle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

P100D_Me

Nov 12, 2018
Australia
I have this really annoying rattle from one of the rear windows when driving over even small bumps, it is far worse in colder weather.
It sounds like the glass is hitting something solid but when I look at the seals everything appears to be good around where it might contact. If I move the window down just a touch the rattle stops.
I was going to get the SC to have a go at it when I finally get told to bring it in to get the yellow screen sorted but it seems that day may never come so I'm going to try to solve the rattle myself.

Anyone else experienced and been able to fix this rear window rattle themselves on the Model S ?
Thanks.

I have this exact issue on my May 2017 S100D. Rear passenger side window rattles every so slightly, based off the smoothness of the road, and the pitch seems to be glass on something else solid. If I roll the window down even a quarter inch the rattle goes away.

It definitely changes with temperature outside. I'm going to dive into it more this weekend and see if I can track down the problem. Maybe it's bouncing against the window trim piece somehow?

I have this exact issue on my May 2017 S100D. Rear passenger side window rattles every so slightly, based off the smoothness of the road, and the pitch seems to be glass on something else solid. If I roll the window down even a quarter inch the rattle goes away.

It definitely changes with temperature outside. I'm going to dive into it more this weekend and see if I can track down the problem. Maybe it's bouncing against the window trim piece somehow?
I have this exact rattle like you describe but on rear driver side window. If I roll the window down ever so slightly the rattle goes away. This has been bugging me now since I bought the car in 2016 and have asked SC several times but of course can't replicate.

Please update here if you find anything.