Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Rear windows rolled down

I don't know if someone mentioned it here but when it's cold outside, the car will lower the windows slightly
There are various issues but last week after some -15F temperatures my driver window got "confused" and would lower about three inches after the door was closed. If I did full-down and then full-up it would go up about 3/4, stop and go down to about half. A "calibration" cycle fixed the problem. The fact that open window alerts aren't being posted by the app doesn't help. I use Teslafi so I enabled their open window alerts. I haven't tested yet but I don't have any reason to believe it won't work unless/until Tesla changes the data stream.

Reactions: GtiMart and Woggon

Woggon

MYLR5 White/Black 19’’ Delivered 12/4/21
Aug 29, 2021
Wisconsin
I don't know if someone mentioned it here but when it's cold outside, the car will lower the windows slightly. Not enough that the windows are "open" but enough that they would not hit the trim if they were frozen and couldn't lower when you open the door. In that situation, if you try to get them fully up they might go and then back down immediately. I think I've had that happen once. If they are "open" and snow/rain can get in, there's another problem.
Yeah - this is something like 4”-5” open.

I have had the “cracked” open thing, which happened during a car wash at 15 degrees and caused some fogging issues for my pillar cameras, but this was large enough to let a football through.

Happy to hear a calibration of the windows fixes it. 4-5 inches clearly isn't right.

I have been getting the window notifications constantly. I crack my windows open every day when I park in my garage, and I systematically get one, sometimes two notifications on my phone a few minutes later. I wonder what's preventing you from getting them. I presume you've checked the notification settings in the mobile app?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC