Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear Windshield [tint], 2 piece or 1 piece?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to get 5% on the rear, unfortunately none of the installers in my city can do 5% in one piece, only 20% in one piece. So essentially they will be doing the rear windshield in 2 different pieces because they don't carry the big enough in 5% for 1 piece. They told me they had done their own car in 2 different pieces, I asked for the picture and they sent it. Could anyone tell me if it is worth it to go 20% instead of 5% JUST because it is a 1 piece? I really want 5% but I don't know if the 2 pieces are going to look bad. What are your thoughts? The line in the middle is there the 2 pieces are separated.

IMG_2457 (1).png

• Disagree
Reactions: T-J-
Looks like crap.
Mine is getting done next Friday. 20% on all windows except windshield. One piece for the rear window.
Windshield I'm doing at 50%.
On the Lucid forum an Arizona owner got a fixit ticket for a 70% windshield tint. I think the allowed amount in AZ is 90%, although I have 70% Photosync, you can’t really tell. With PhotoSync the IR rejection is the same regardless of level of tint, so you could do whatever level you want in other areas and only take into account the “look.”

On the Lucid forum an Arizona owner got a fixit ticket for a 70% windshield tint. I think the allowed amount in AZ is 90%, although I have 70% Photosync, you can’t really tell. With PhotoSync the IR rejection is the same regardless of level of tint, so you could do whatever level you want in other areas and only take into account the “look.”
Yes, in Arizona you legally can only tint the windshield above the A1 line (brow line).
Driver and passenger windows legal limit is 33%.
Rear window and doors you can do anything you want.
Most police don't care about the tint, short of you being an asshat or limoing all the windows.
We get it, it's frigging 112 degrees right now. Tint is the only way to survive in the summer around here.

I want to get 5% on the rear, unfortunately none of the installers in my city can do 5% in one piece, only 20% in one piece. So essentially they will be doing the rear windshield in 2 different pieces because they don't carry the big enough in 5% for 1 piece. They told me they had done their own car in 2 different pieces, I asked for the picture and they sent it. Could anyone tell me if it is worth it to go 20% instead of 5% JUST because it is a 1 piece? I really want 5% but I don't know if the 2 pieces are going to look bad. What are your thoughts? The line in the middle is there the 2 pieces are separated.

View attachment 814912
I got 20% and it is very dark, people outside cant see *sugar* inside.