Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reason for glass shattering in the announcement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon said on Twitter that the glass shattered because - the door had been hit with a sledgehammer - Implying that the shockwaves from that impact weakened the glass enough to allow it to break due to the new type of exoskeleton.
If everything is bolted to the exoskeleton (no frame in the cyber truck) then we are now talking about every small stone strike causing vibration for the battery and the subsystems bolted to it. Wonder what can be done to lessen those vibrations?

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing
I’m not sure “shatter resistant” glass is very high on my priority list, but it’s a cool addition. I think the whole shattering window thing was a stunt anyways.
Stunts like that are dangerous and businesses don't like things that imperil business. But some folks still think Coca-Cola's disastrous introduction of New Coke in the '80s (Google it) was planned. (It definitely was not). Worse yet, if such a busted-window stunt were exposed, then you've destroyed a lot of good will and that creates a PR nightmare, and impacts sales. It's much better to just play it straight.

Stunts like that are dangerous and businesses don't like things that imperil business. But some folks still think Coca-Cola's disastrous introduction of New Coke in the '80s (Google it) was planned. (It definitely was not). Worse yet, if such a busted-window stunt were exposed, then you've destroyed a lot of good will and that creates a PR nightmare, and impacts sales. It's much better to just play it straight.
All good points. The window break has certainly turbocharged CT’s emergence, for better or worse.

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
I’m not sure “shatter resistant” glass is very high on my priority list, but it’s a cool addition. I think the whole shattering window thing was a stunt anyways.

Here's BMW response to it..
BMw bullet proof.jpg