Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Reasonable Price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is an opportunity to buy the following and want to know what y'all think is a reasonable price to pay since the market value seems to be higher than KBB right now given the constrained supply:

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
30,000 Miles

Exterior
Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Performance Wheels

Interior
All Black Premium Interior

Options
Premium Interior
Full Self-Driving Capability
Enhanced Autopilot

Supercharging Status
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Premium Connectivity
Free Unlimited

It also has tint, paint protection film on everything forward of the doors, tire kit, paint repair kit, front sun shade, and all weather mats.

Thanks.

What constrained supply is that? You can order a Model 3 Performance from inventory in most places.

Personally, I would knock $20K off for a readily available vehicle with 30K on the odometer. Just because it’s a Tesla doesn’t make it special.

What constrained supply is that? You can order a Model 3 Performance from inventory in most places.

Personally, I would knock $20K off for a readily available vehicle with 30K on the odometer. Just because it’s a Tesla doesn’t make it special.

So upper $40s then?

I only say constrained supply because I don't see any in inventory (new or used) using https://tezz.la/ and custom order says 4-7 weeks. There are a few used ones on sites like autotrader or trucar but they are all in the low to mid $50k range with similar features though most have 15k - 25k miles.

Maybe you know about something I don't... where can I order a Model 3 Performance from inventory?

So upper $40s then?

I only say constrained supply because I don't see any in inventory (new or used) using https://tezz.la/ and custom order says 4-7 weeks. There are a few used ones on sites like autotrader or trucar but they are all in the low to mid $50k range with similar features though most have 15k - 25k miles.

Maybe you know about something I don't... where can I order a Model 3 Performance from inventory?
Check ev-CPO.com to see what is where.

Even if there are none available near you, you can still order brand new and have one in a month.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Check ev-CPO.com to see what is where.

Even if there are none available near you, you can still order brand new and have one in a month.

There are 0 used/new model 3 available in the United States based on that site you posted. There are 7 used and 1 new in Canada. I think that qualifies as supply constrained.

I can't afford a brand new one, which is why I am searching for a used one.

There are 0 used/new model 3 available in the United States based on that site you posted. There are 7 used and 1 new in Canada. I think that qualifies as supply constrained.

I would just like to chime in there that over the last five years, Tesla had repeatedly removed and added back inventory to the online listings. Sometimes removing all cars, only to add them all back weeks or months later.

While no Model 3s being currently listed could be an indication of a supply constraint, it doesn't necessarily mean that's what's happening.

It easily be just a marketing decision to stop listing Model 3 inventory cars online to achieve some other sales goal or objective.

If you are serious about finding an inventory Model 3, I suggest you contact a Tesla store or gallery directly and talk to a sales associate. Or even several at different locations. Tesla always maintains a list of inventory (and used) cars for sale that are never listed online, and only sales associates have access to sell these cars. Again, why they do this is to satisfy a marketing objective that we are not privy to.

Good luck.

There is an opportunity to buy the following and want to know what y'all think is a reasonable price to pay since the market value seems to be higher than KBB right now given the constrained supply:

2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
30,000 Miles

Exterior
Silver Metallic Paint
20’’ Performance Wheels

Interior
All Black Premium Interior

Options
Premium Interior
Full Self-Driving Capability
Enhanced Autopilot

Supercharging Status
Pay Per Use Supercharging

Premium Connectivity
Free Unlimited

It also has tint, paint protection film on everything forward of the doors, tire kit, paint repair kit, front sun shade, and all weather mats.

Thanks.
where are you seeing this car? I just check ev-cpo and there's no P3Ds (or used model 3s) listed in the US - you can PM me a link if you want

I would just like to chime in there that over the last five years, Tesla had repeatedly removed and added back inventory to the online listings. Sometimes removing all cars, only to add them all back weeks or months later.

While no Model 3s being currently listed could be an indication of a supply constraint, it doesn't necessarily mean that's what's happening.

It easily be just a marketing decision to stop listing Model 3 inventory cars online to achieve some other sales goal or objective.

If you are serious about finding an inventory Model 3, I suggest you contact a Tesla store or gallery directly and talk to a sales associate. Or even several at different locations. Tesla always maintains a list of inventory (and used) cars for sale that are never listed online, and only sales associates have access to sell these cars. Again, why they do this is to satisfy a marketing objective that we are not privy to.

Good luck.

Fair point, I was just responding to a particular post when I said that.

I have found a model 3 used that I intend to put an offer on I am just trying to determine how much to offer give the lack of comps available right now and at least somewhat limited supply (new and used) relative to demand. That is all I started this thread to do was ask how much folks thought the market value of the car I described in the original post would be but some of the snarky responses have taken the thread down a different path...

I'm keeping this one on the DL I don't want any competition. :)

I'm not competing with you, no worries. I was just curious - I have been keeping my eye out for one, but probably going to purchase new in a few months. I did see a P3D+ today in California that was listed for 46k or so and sold immediately, so that's probably your "great deal" range considering how quickly it sold.

If you want to send me the link I can take a look and let you know. In general I think the used prices are a bit inflated right now for reasons like you said with limited/no tesla inventory shown online.

I have found a model 3 used that I intend to put an offer on I am just trying to determine how much to offer give the lack of comps available right now

You can search the Archives on EV-CPO to get an idea of recently listed/sold Model 3s. A subscription is required to view the Performance cars, though.

There are currently 1,925 Performance Model 3s in the archives:

upload_2020-1-9_13-38-49.png

I can't afford a brand new one, which is why I am searching for a used one.

Tesla is probably mucking with the inventory. Check back in a day or two.

You can search the Archives on EV-CPO to get an idea of recently listed/sold Model 3s. A subscription is required to view the Performance cars, though.

There are currently 1,925 Performance Model 3s in the archives:

View attachment 498296

thanks that was useful to see. Although the list you show only includes very low mileage cars it makes me confident that I’m getting a good price. I appreciate it.

I'm not competing with you, no worries. I was just curious - I have been keeping my eye out for one, but probably going to purchase new in a few months. I did see a P3D+ today in California that was listed for 46k or so and sold immediately, so that's probably your "great deal" range considering how quickly it sold.

If you want to send me the link I can take a look and let you know. In general I think the used prices are a bit inflated right now for reasons like you said with limited/no tesla inventory shown online.

I purchased it. I’ll pm you the link.

thanks that was useful to see. Although the list you show only includes very low mileage cars it makes me confident that I’m getting a good price. I appreciate it.

You're welcome. The info I posted above was only for "Inventory" cars (new cars) so naturally their mileage would be low. Here's the same info for Used Performance Model 3s (not nearly as many):

upload_2020-1-10_8-22-25.png