Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reasons I HATE driving my old car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, not the model X…. talking about my “X” car, the Toyota. You know, like an ex husband or ex wife! After months of driving my MODEL X, I get in the Toyota ICE and here is what happens: Yea, this is sick humor

I open the Frunk to put my briefcase in there, only to realize an engine is in the way!
I stand by the driver door wondering why it won’t open for me.
I get in, sit down, put my foot on the brake and wonder why the door won’t close.
I push up the lever to put the car in reverse, but the windshield wipers start running and spraying water.
I try to get into the glove compartment to get my sun glasses and realize the button is missing from the dash.
I pull down the level to put the car into drive mode, and AGAIN the wipers turn on and squirt water.
I double click the lever for auto drive, but the guy in front of me gives me the finger for flashing lights at him.
As I accelerate, there is a lot of noise in the front of the car. Is that a half-shaft problem I’m thinking?
I let off the accelerator to slow for a traffic light. Whoooooo, why is this thing NOT slowing down?
Gas gauge shows almost empty, but when I drive to my favorite super charger, I realize no gas is there.
I use voice assist to ask it to play music, and it replies “Sorry, I don’t know that destination.”
I get home and wait, and wait, but the garage won’t open. Hmmm, it must be broken.
I push the button to put the car in park, but car keep rolling. Oops, almost hit my tool chest in the garage.
I click the door handle to get out of the car. Door must be broken since it won’t open automatically.
Get out, go in the house, but realize the car is still running and the driver door is open.

Now, tell me you don’t identify with at least one of the above. I’m sure you can add your own. There are many other things that drive me nuts about the ICE, but not on my mind at present.

Oh, so I see that my title was renamed from "Reasons I hate driving my "X". It was considered "click bait." Never heard that term. Is that something like "Jail Bait" ? :D While I appreciate that someone is monitoring postings and titles, I WOULD HAVE RENAMED it to "Reasons I HATE driving my "X" ICE car. My ICE car is NOT OLD and just as nice as the model X. Just different in the way it drives. I don't think I ever said "MODEL" X in the original title, so I guess it is still considered click bait.

Just trying to bring some humor to otherwise sometimes boring topics. ;) Bottom line. while you are on the subject of renaming misleading titles, get rid of the hundred other titles that are really dumb and misleading.

No, not the model X…. talking about my “X” car, the Toyota.
<...>
I push up the lever to put the car in reverse, but the windshield wipers start running and spraying water.
<...>
I pull down the level to put the car into drive mode, and AGAIN the wipers turn on and squirt water.

This actually happened to me yesterday afternoon, when driving our old Prius. My 11 year old thought it was hilarious that every time I wanted to shift gears, I accidentally turned on the wipers.

• Love
Reactions: FlyF4
No, not the model X…. talking about my “X” car, the Toyota. You know, like an ex husband or ex wife! After months of driving my MODEL X, I get in the Toyota ICE and here is what happens: Yea, this is sick humor

I open the Frunk to put my briefcase in there, only to realize an engine is in the way!
I stand by the driver door wondering why it won’t open for me.
I get in, sit down, put my foot on the brake and wonder why the door won’t close.
I try to get into the glove compartment to get my sun glasses and realize the button is missing from the dash.
I double click the lever for auto drive, but the guy in front of me gives me the finger for flashing lights at him.
As I accelerate, there is a lot of noise in the front of the car. Is that a half-shaft problem I’m thinking?
I let off the accelerator to slow for a traffic light. Whoooooo, why is this thing NOT slowing down?
Gas gauge shows almost empty, but when I drive to my favorite super charger, I realize no gas is there.
I use voice assist to ask it to play music, and it replies “Sorry, I don’t know that destination.”
I get home and wait, and wait, but the garage won’t open. Hmmm, it must be broken.
I push the button to put the car in park, but car keep rolling. Oops, almost hit my tool chest in the garage.
I click the door handle to get out of the car. Door must be broken since it won’t open automatically.
Get out, go in the house, but realize the car is still running and the driver door is open.

Now, tell me you don’t identify with at least one of the above. I’m sure you can add your own. There are many other things that drive me nuts about the ICE, but not on my mind at present.
I also have a Model X and I totally feel the exact same way when I drive my wife's car (also a Toyota). Her Model 3 can't come soon enough!

• Love
No, not the model X…. talking about my “X” car, the Toyota. You know, like an ex husband or ex wife! After months of driving my MODEL X...

I pull down the lever to put the car into drive mode, and AGAIN the wipers turn on and squirt water.
We absolutely identify with these issues even though we are fully electric!
Every time we drive the Ioniq, we put our foot on the brake and use the wiper lever to put the car in D, only to realise that we have to close the doors ourselves, and push a button to engage drive mode :)