Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reasons I like my "classic" nose cone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The new nose is too conservative, and if I end up buying one I'm replacing it with a better aftermarket. And painting the sills (as many here thought they wanted for so long) makes the car look thicker, not slimmer.

I think there are better styles than the old one with chrome "fish lips", but painting it to the body color (if darker), or satin black (to reduce its apparent siiize), is an improvement.

Spacex dragon.jpg I posted this picture on a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. Pure physics tell us, riding a Model S rocket requires a nose cone!

1) It makes the car distinctive, not mistakable for anything else from front. To me, new styling makes it more generic, front view no longer immediately clues: "Model S!"
Have you seen cars like Ford Fusion? Unless DLR's are on (and you know the S DLR shape), from a distance you may not be able to distinguish.

PS> I prefer the old design as well, though the bio-defense-mode would be nice when traveling on highways passing through freshly fertilized fields, or when behind a VW TDI (the latter Elon mentioned during the X launch, but seems to be edited out from the launch video on TM site). I'd give up the frunk space for that as the requirement to use both hands to safely close it makes it useless for anything other than hat and sunglasses storage (since whatever you take out of the frunk you must not hold in your hands in order to be able to use them both to close the frunk).

I like the new look, but prefer our "classic" front end. I think the original design looks more sporty and aggressive, whereas the new design has a more luxury sedan look. Not bad at all, but I like the slightly more aggressive look to our classic design. Also, try as I might, I cannot seem to avoid occasional scratching under the front bumper on sharp dips or surface changes to the road. With our blacked out bottom lip, it is nearly invisible and I think the lower black sills and front lip was a smart and practical design choice. I know with the new painted lip I would inevitably scratch it on something and worry about it.