Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebadge my model s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is easier to just wrap them in heat resistant vinyl. No mess and no permanent alterations. Unhappy or have a warranty issue? Just peel the wrap off.

My aforementioned 90D was a lease trade in and I had to return the vehicle sans red calipers. Took it back to get them repainted black/grey and cost me $150. So $250 for red, $150 for black. I intended to keep the car but in the end was worth the enjoyment.

I was planning on not re-badging my car after they were removed for wrapping because I was really digging the super clean look. But after being asked twice in 2 days "what model Tesla is that" I'm thinking about maybe just adding back the P100D badge.

20180424_154841~01.jpeg

Attachments

• 20180424_154841~01.jpeg
    20180424_154841~01.jpeg
    445 KB · Views: 70
But after being asked twice in 2 days "what model Tesla is that" I'm thinking about maybe just adding back the P100D badge.
I've been asked that question on few occasions and the correct answer to "what model Tesla is that" is "This is a Model S" . "P100D" is not a model, it's a trim level, which most people outside of Tesla fans are not familiar with (similar to "SE, LE, XLE, XLE AWD, Limited" on a Toyota for example).

• Funny
Reactions: GatorGuy
I was planning on not re-badging my car after they were removed for wrapping because I was really digging the super clean look.
But after being asked twice in 2 days "what model Tesla is that" I'm thinking about maybe just adding back the P100D badge.

View attachment 296509
Well done ... keep the clean look. Here is my wrapped tailgate trim just before final installation ...:cool:
IMG_7831.jpg

Well done ... keep the clean look. Here is my wrapped tailgate trim just before final installation ...:cool:
View attachment 296542
I’ve seen the service manual pictures on how to remove the trim, but wanted to confirm with someone who’s actually done it. Do you just push down from the top with a trim puller on the five mounting clips? The sides that overlay the reverse lights are held on with adhesive according to the manual.

I’ve seen the service manual pictures on how to remove the trim, but wanted to confirm with someone who’s actually done it. Do you just push down from the top with a trim puller on the five mounting clips? The sides that overlay the reverse lights are held on with adhesive according to the manual.
Yes, it's easier said than done ... take your time with the mounting clips and use dental floss to remove the adhesive on the tail lights :cool:

Today I saw the extremely elusive and rare P100D with nose cone and no Autopilot while driving on the 5 Freeway in Orange County...If you are on this forum, you are fooling no one! De-Badging is fine, faking a more expensive build is just lame.
Hah, that's funny because I saw the exact same thing this morning on my way to work in North Vancouver. It was a red Model S pre-facelift.

Today I saw the extremely elusive and rare P100D with nose cone and no Autopilot while driving on the 5 Freeway in Orange County...If you are on this forum, you are fooling no one! De-Badging is fine, faking a more expensive build is just lame.
Wow, never thought badginitis (as I like to call it) would permeate the Tesla ranks. When’s the last time another Tesla rolled up on you and “revved” to red-light-race? Sad indeed.

I have a S75. I considered debadging, but like the OP felt it would look like I was trying to "hide" that it was a mere 75. If I do get a 100D someday (or maybe 130D or 200D by the time I get it!) , I will definitely do it for that clean look.

I have a S75. I considered debadging, but like the OP felt it would look like I was trying to "hide" that it was a mere 75. If I do get a 100D someday (or maybe 130D or 200D by the time I get it!) , I will definitely do it for that clean look.
Do it now if you like the clean look. Forget about feeling like a poser. If some person asks to look at your IC or wants to hit the “T” on the MCU to confirm the battery pack, they’ve got problem, not you.