Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebadging template suggestions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my model 3 wrapped and got replacement black chrome T emblems for the trunk and frunk as well as new Dual Motor/red stripe (have stealth performance) for right of the license plate.

I'm wondering if anyone has fashioned a template to use for placing these centered and straight and can share details.

I'm nervous because of the wrap that I won't have a second chance. I've thought about making a wood template, masking off the area around the emblem with painter's tape after very careful measurements. Probably completely overthinking an otherwise easy answer so...let me know your thoughts/ideas.

And yes I considered not rebadging but feel the trunk at least would benefit if not the frunk.

Thanks!

Plenty of templates out there. Here’s one you can buy from Ebay…

3E033B7A-971A-4CBA-ADF7-C08E117F28B7.jpeg

Plenty of templates out there. Here’s one you can buy from Ebay…

View attachment 823289
Thanks - had seen that somewhere else. Didn't realize how ingenious it was with the clip on back end to make sure it was centered.
But for $30, I wish it was applicable for the frunk and trunk. For a one-time use, seems like a lot.

I had my model 3 wrapped and got replacement black chrome T emblems for the trunk and frunk as well as new Dual Motor/red stripe (have stealth performance) for right of the license plate.

I'm wondering if anyone has fashioned a template to use for placing these centered and straight and can share details.

I'm nervous because of the wrap that I won't have a second chance. I've thought about making a wood template, masking off the area around the emblem with painter's tape after very careful measurements. Probably completely overthinking an otherwise easy answer so...let me know your thoughts/ideas.

And yes I considered not rebadging but feel the trunk at least would benefit if not the frunk.

Thanks!

Any company that offers vehicle wrapping also has to have the ability to put the emblems back properly. Why didnt you have whomever wrapped your car put them back?

Any company that offers vehicle wrapping also has to have the ability to put the emblems back properly. Why didnt you have whomever wrapped your car put them back?
He called to double check that I knew I got black chrome and this was morning of pickup. Had a tight window when I could get it and he said he needed another 45 minutes or so to put them back on. I said I could figure it out. I have to go back there to grab the original emblems so could see if he has a template but have a feeling he was going to just measure midline and pop the T on.

After 2 weeks of being debadged I think I'm going to leave the frunk off but really thing the back needs the T and likely the Dual Motor with red stripe too for my P3D-

He called to double check that I knew I got black chrome and this was morning of pickup. Had a tight window when I could get it and he said he needed another 45 minutes or so to put them back on. I said I could figure it out. I have to go back there to grab the original emblems so could see if he has a template but have a feeling he was going to just measure midline and pop the T on.

After 2 weeks of being debadged I think I'm going to leave the frunk off but really thing the back needs the T and likely the Dual Motor with red stripe too for my P3D-

I will just repeat that any business that wraps cars has to be very (very) adept at replacing the badging, or they wouldnt be in business long. Regardless of if he quickly measured etc, the installer has probably put the emblems back on most of the cars they have wrapped, meaning if they have wrapped 100s of cars, they have put it back on 100s of times.

Im sure you can figure it out, but there isnt any reason to "figure it out" when you pay someone to take it off and presumably put it back on.

I will just repeat that any business that wraps cars has to be very (very) adept at replacing the badging, or they wouldnt be in business long. Regardless of if he quickly measured etc, the installer has probably put the emblems back on most of the cars they have wrapped, meaning if they have wrapped 100s of cars, they have put it back on 100s of times.

Im sure you can figure it out, but there isnt any reason to "figure it out" when you pay someone to take it off and presumably put it back on.
Thank you. It was a fun project to think about and measure down to the half-millimeter but got it placed.
Now the decision is whether I want to add the arc - I kind of like it as-is

Screen Shot 2022-07-06 at 10.14.08 AM Large.jpeg

Reactions: VQTRVA