Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebate False Information by Tesla Reps (Sales, Finance and Delivery)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I recently leased a Tesla Model 3 for 24 months lease term. Before going for 24 months lease, whoever I spoke at Tesla told, 24 months lease is eligible for CA State Rebate. Based on the confidence with which Tesla Reps spoke, I didn't even bothered to verify it. Last Sunday, I started filing for CA state rebate and shocked to see that EVs leased for less than 30 months Term are not eligible for CA State Rebate. All Tesla Reps I spoke to, gave false information on the Rebate. when I contacted Tesla they are simply saying apologies and saying that nothing they can do about it. This is terrible. How can they give us a false information and make us suffer. Appreciate if anyone can provide assistance in this forum to help resolve this Issue.

...All Tesla Reps I spoke to, gave false information on the Rebate...

You can go to a small claims court but how are you going to present any documentation, video proving that they gave you the false information?

I assume it was all done verbally and you did not get any contractual signatures from them certifying their false information.

Since they also verbally apologized for the false information, I would say move on and learn the lesson that if it is not in writing, then it's very hard to hold them for their words.