Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebooting after doing an update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wondering how everyone does a reboot after an upgrade to the firmware. I have been holding down the two scroll wheels until the 17 inch screen goes dark, is this the best way or do you hold down until both screens go dark.
After I had a problem with the suspension height, a Service Advisor told me the best way to do a reboot was to hold the two wheels until the "T" appeared in the 17" screen.

I had been only holding them until the main screen went blank, but it took the longer press to reset my suspension error. I now always use the longer hold when resetting.

As far as I've heard the most complete reboot process is to put the car in park, keep the brake pedal depressed while holding the scroll wheels until the T shows up.

Could be wishful thinking on someones part ...

As far as I've heard the most complete reboot process is to put the car in park, keep the brake pedal depressed while holding the scroll wheels until the T shows up.

Could be wishful thinking on someones part ...

I tried that, but gave up after pressing the brake for over five minutes. Had to open the door, get out, shut the door, get back in to get it to come up. This forever rebooting only started in the last couple of 6.9 upgrades.

4 months and never rebooted after update. Are we supposed to? I just assumed the 2 hrs updates included a reboot, like typical computer software

It does reboot as part of the install. I've never needed to reboot again for an update, although I do reboot annoyingly often to force podcast lists to update. Other people have reported that they need to do so for various reasons.

It does reboot as part of the install. I've never needed to reboot again for an update

Yup. Of course it reboots after a firmware update, and likely a full/"deep" reboot of all updated/affected systems as well. There's no other way to be running the new firmware. Unless there's some other specific issue, I don't see a need to do an additional reboot after a FW update just because it was updated.

It does reboot as part of the install. I've never needed to reboot again for an update, although I do reboot annoyingly often to force podcast lists to update. Other people have reported that they need to do so for various reasons.

@LetsGoFast I found a trick that might work for you. I use podcasts under favorites in the Tunein app. If that is how you are doing it as well then slimply go to the controls/settings/apps and simply click "logout" and then "login" on the Tunein app. Takes just a couple of seconds and your updated podcast updates are ready for listening!!