TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Rebooting the infotainment center

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by xpitxbullx, Jun 28, 2018.

1. xpitxbullx

xpitxbullx Member

It wasn’t connecting to my iPhone’s Bluetooth audio. The Bluetooth phone key was fine but not for my music. My Bluetooth started working again after I rebooted it. Not sure if it’s common knowledge but I thought I’d share it anyways.

Press and hold the brake pedal. Press and hold the 2 steering wheel buttons down until the infotainment screen goes blank. Release. Wait about 30 seconds and it’s rebooted. :)

• Informative x 1
  2. Kenypowa

Kenypowa Member

You are doing the hard reboot. Soft reboot (just holding down both scrolling wheels for like 5 seconds) usually solves infotainment issues; can be done while driving too since it doesn't affect autopilot.

• Informative x 2
    • Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  3. WileyTheMan

WileyTheMan Peanut Gallery Member

It's things like this that remind me that I'm not driving a car, but a smartphone on wheels.

• Like x 4
  4. SigNC

SigNC Member

speaking of infotainment issues anybody else have the issue where bookmarked streaming stations don't load the image from time to time? It's annoying.

5. McCaesar

McCaesar Member

When I'm listening to audio books in the Audible app over bluetooth with my iPhone, it loads random albums cover art for each new chapter.

6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Sorry, there is no such thing. No one has ever documented that the brake pedal does anything to 'change' the booting behavior. Even some SC people repeat what they read here, but it does nothing. Besides make you think you are doing something 'more'. :D

It may be on the level of the old 'blow on the end of the cable' to be sure you did unplug it (old cable guy repair trick), but there are two reboots, the IC, and the MCU. Then there's the turn the car off (as far as you can, and only really works for MCU1) in the menu.

But the brake pedal only turns it back on if it doesn't do it itself.

• Informative x 1
  7. SDKoala

SDKoala RWD LR

All the time and it's really annoying. The icons are "?" more often than they are images. I've submitted a bug report to Tesla and wrote an e-mail through the website and no solution. The only advice I've gotten from Tesla is to do a reboot, which actually makes the problem worse sometimes by making the favorites disappear completely.

• Like x 1